ADVANCED HYBRID SYSTEMS FOR MEDIUM AND HEAVY DUTY TRUCKS
Odyne Systems, LLC is a clean technology company and leading manufacturer of advanced turnkey hybrid drive solutions. Odyne advanced plug-in hybrid technology enables trucks over 14,000 lbs to have substantially lower fuel consumption, lower emissions, improved performance, quieter work site operation and reduced operating and maintenance costs.
Odyne’s unique modular system reduces fuel consumption by up to 50% compared to traditional diesel engines, depending on the application. The system offers the greatest benefit for trucks with driving cycles that have a high percentage of starting
and stopping and extended periods of work site engine idle time to provide power to
equipment or tools. An Odyne hybrid system helps fleet managers reduce their carbon footprint and meet sustainable energy goals by displacing the use of fossil fuels with cleaner, lower cost electricity from the grid, while providing a quieter, safer working environment.
Odyne is a leader in plug-in hybrid systems and has developed proprietary and patented hybrid technology featuring robust automotive grade components combining reliable electric power conversion, power control and energy storage technology with advanced electric propulsion motors and modular lithium ion battery systems.
The Odyne hybrid power system interfaces with Allison Transmission’s industry leading fully-automatic transmissions and features Remy’s HVH250 series electric motor, boasting industry leading power density and efficiency, Johnson Controls modular lithium-ion battery systems and other robust quality components designed for rugged applications.
The system easily integrates with medium or heavy duty vehicle powertrains and is optimized for the demanding work truck market. An Odyne system can be installed on a wide variety of new and existing vehicles and is applicable across chassis manufacturers. The company has delivered more plug-in hybrid systems for large trucks to fleets throughout the United States than any other supplier.
WHAT THE SYSTEMS PROVIDE*
• Quiet stationary operation for safer working conditions and extended work day
• Zero or significantly lower emissions at the work site
• Power for vehicle mounted equipment and/or optional work site 120V/240V electrical loads with engine off
• Extra power for 12 volt loads with engine off
• High Capacity electrical energy storage and plug-in recharging displaces use of fossil fuels
• Hybrid launch assist for improved acceleration, climbing and initiation of turns along with improved driving fuel economy
• Air conditioning and cab heating (optional) with the engine off
• Regenerative braking to restore battery power
• Parallel hybrid configuration provides non-hybrid powertrain backup
• Flexible operation to maximize effciency, with software tailored to the application
THE ODYNE SYSTEM ADVANTAGE
• A minimally intrusive design that preserves the chassis warranty, providing greater reliability
• More productive time in the field with fewer trips to the pump
• Fuel savings of up to 1750 gallons annually over the truck life depending on duty cycle, up to 50% fuel economy improvements vs. non hybrids
• Reduced fleet operating and maintenance cost
• 50 extra horsepower while driving (trucks with anti-idle systems don’t offer)
• Charging from the grid at off-peak rates, ability to operate as hybrid without charging
*Odyne hybrid systems are matched to the application, performance and features will vary based upon selected options and powertrain components.
WHAT'S IN A NAME?
The name “Odyne” represents the combination of “O” for Optimal and “DYNE” for force. Odyne’s hybrid system represents the best hybrid truck solution for large trucks with extended stationary work site functions.
ODYNE HYBRID SYSTEM DISTRIBUTION PARTNERS
Odyne systems are sold through a worldwide distribution network including DUECO, Terex Utilities and Altec.
HERE'S ONE ODYNE HYBRID TRUCK SUCCESS STORY
Check out one Midwest community that has achieved a goal of operating its fleet efficiently while improving their crews' work environment. Their plug-in hybrid bucket truck is part of the solution. Learn more here.
HOW DOES THE ODYNE HYBRID TRUCK SYSTEM STACK UP?
The Odyne plug-in hybrid truck system offers unique, highly desirable benefits in comparison to alternatives. Check out the Odyne hybrid truck specifics.
We invite you to discover Odyne hybrid trucks and the complete Odyne plug-in hybrid truck advantage. Thank you for visiting Odyne.com.