Odyne has developed proprietary and patented hybrid technology featuring robust automotive grade components combining reliable electric power conversion, power control and energy storage technology with advanced electric propulsion motors and modular lithium-ion battery systems.
The Odyne system is the best hybrid solution for medium and heavy duty work trucks with extended stationary work equipment usage. The Odyne hybrid system system:
- Is the only hybrid system improving efficiency both when driving AND at the work site
- Significantly lowers fuel utilization and cost - up to 1,750 gallons annually over the truck life, depending on duty cycle
- Improves vehicle performance and efficiency through hybrid launch assist providing up to an extra 50 hp, valued for cornering, climbing hills and acceleration (trucks with anti-idle systems do not have this feature)
- Features zero or significantly lower emissions at the work site
- Has regenerative braking to restore battery power
- Provides the most exportable power available on any hybrid truck - 5kW to power truck mounted equipment with the engine off, reducing idle time, noise and emissions
- Has the largest stored energy system (a dual pack 28.4kWh system) for medium- and heavy-duty, plug-in hybrid electric trucks in the industry
- Has vehicle in-cab heating and cooling, without running the internal combustion engine, providing comfort for work site crews
- Can be Installed on new or existing trucks with the most popular automatic transmissions
- Operates independent of fuel type and does not affect the EPA or CARB certification of the engine
- Has a parallel hybrid configuration providing non-hybrid powertrain backup
- Can be easily and cost efficiently recharged from the grid at off-peak rates
- Provides more productive time in the field with fewer trips to the pump
- Has software tailored to the application which can be adjusted remotely as more data is gathered
- Is eligible for EPAct credits*
Odyne's unique modular systems can be applied across chassis manufacturers and utility truck brands. The company sells direct to truck manufacturers and through a global distribution and service network including Altec, DUECO, Terex Utilities and Allison Transmission distributors.
See Odyne's specifications page for additional information.
*Certain U.S. fleets are required to comply with the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) Alternative Fuel Transportation Program specified in the Energy Policy Act (EPAct). PHEV medium- and heavy-duty trucks are eligible for credits. See http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2011-09-15/pdf/2011-20740.pdf Part 535. Trucks equipped with only an ePTO do not earn AFV credit http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehiclesandfuels/epact/faqs.html#B21